SHOPBOXO PRIVACY STATEMENT
Shopboxo is committed to maintaining the privacy of data obtained in the course of its business. Concurrent to this compliance is our acknowledgement that the data subjects whose personal information and sensitive personal information (collectively referred to as personal data), we collect and process are handled incorporating the minimum standards defined by the Republic Act No. 10173 (“Data Privacy Act of 2012” or “DPA”), its own internal Privacy Rules and Shopboxo standards based on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (EU GDPR).
As a client who provides personal data to Shopboxo, you authorize and consent to the collection, use, processing, and transfer of personal data information according to valid and legitimate purposes. Further, you authorize sharing of said personal data to regulatory bodies or government agencies to allow Shopboxo to meet its obligations under applicable laws, regulations, including contractual obligations. We may further collect or disclose necessary Information from our subsidiaries and affiliates or other agencies as allowed by the law.
Shopboxo also commits to maintaining the integrity, availability and confidentiality of your personal data against any incidents or breaches while ensuring the protection of the fundamental right of privacy. This commitment applies to all its employees, directors, and distributors of Shopboxo. Processing of personal data will only be done when client has given his/her consent prior to the collection of their personal data or as soon as practicable and reasonable. Shopboxo will protect the privacy of your personal data through implementation of organizational, technical, and security measures against the unauthorized or unlawful use, loss, alteration, destruction, sharing, or access to the Information which are transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. Under no circumstance will Shopboxo allow selling of personal data.
Any transfer or sharing, or outsourced processing of your Information will be carried out in compliance with the local law through an Agreement.
The personal data communicated by the user to Shopboxo through the Shopboxo sites, application or microsite, will be used for the purpose of creating an account within the platform and monitor their transactional orders. It shall also be used for facilitating purchase of goods and services, and delivery of products between merchants and customers. We will only use your personal data if we have valid reasons for doing so. We may not process or use your information without your express consent.
When you share personal data with us, we use the personal data we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve and develop our services, and to protect Shopboxo and our users. The personal data we collect will be processed by the various concerned departments of Shopboxo and may be processed on a server located outside the country where you live. We will ask for your consent before using personal data for a purpose other than those that are set out herein.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share personal data with entities and/or individuals outside of Shopboxo but subject to the provisions applicable to the Philippine law, personal data may be:
- Made available to any of Shopboxo affiliated companies and/or any individual and/or entities associated with Shopboxo. In this regard, you consent the transfer of your data outside of the Philippines;
- Supplied with your consent to persons you have authorized in writing;
- Disclosed to any government or appropriate regulatory authorities; and/or
- Shared with entities and/or individuals outside of Shopboxo or any of its affiliates. We have good-faith in the processing and/or disclosure of the information necessary to comply with laws or regulations or for the purpose of Shopboxo’ legitimate interest.
YOUR RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECTS
As a data subject, you are entitled to exercise the following minimum rights to Shopboxo and any third party engaged by Shopboxo for sub-processing of your Information, if applicable:
- Client has a right to be informed whether personal data pertaining to him shall be, are being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling. Client must be notified and furnished with the Information provided by law before the entry of his or her personal data into the processing system of Shopboxo or at the next practical opportunity.
- Client has a right to object to the processing of his Information, automated processing, or profiling. He must be notified and given an opportunity to withhold consent in case of changes to the personal data, unless required under the law or as a legal obligation. Client may also object to receiving telemarketing communications or information from the company. In case of the exercise of this right, Shopboxo shall no longer process the data unless it is one of the circumstances indicated by law.
- Client has the right to reasonable access to, upon demand, on the following Information: Contents of the Information that are processed; sources from which the personal data were obtained; names and addresses of recipients of the personal data, manner by which such data were processed; reasons for the disclosure of the personal data to recipients, if any; information on any automated processes where data will or is likely to be made as sole basis for any decision that significantly affects or will affect the client; date when personal data concerning client were last accessed and modified; and Shopboxo’ identity and address.
- The client has the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal data and have Shopboxo correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable. If the personal data has been corrected, Shopboxo shall ensure the accessibility of both the new and the retracted information and the simultaneous receipt of the new and the retracted information by the intended recipients thereof: Provided, That recipients or third parties who have previously received such processed personal data shall be informed of its inaccuracy and its rectification, upon reasonable request of the client.
- The client has the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal data from Shopboxo’ filing system upon the conditions declared by law.
- Client has the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, taking into account any violation of his or her rights and freedoms as data subject.
- Where his or her personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, the client has the right to obtain from Shopboxo and in a structured or commonly used format, a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use by client and in accordance with the provisions of law.
Shopboxo ensures personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used.
Personal data shall be retained by Shopboxo for as long as the same is required to meet its obligations and comply with applicable legal requirements, or other standards set out by a governing body. The personal data shall be retained only for as long as necessary and within a definite period until it is destroyed, disposed, or anonymized, unless the same cannot be allowed by any written or express authority.
The Company applies strict measures to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data. We limit access to your personal data to people working for us on a business need to know basis who shall ensure that your personal data are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or user
Shopboxo values the trust and relations with our clients, hence we will ensure to address all personal data breaches in relation to data subjects whose Personal data are held, processed, retained or shared by Shopboxo. The standards for breach management implemented by Shopboxo are guided by the local law and regulation, in coordination with Shopboxo.