Motivational quotes can be a powerful tool for lifting us up and spurring us on, particularly when we’re feeling stuck or lacking in motivation. This is especially true when it comes to the challenges of launching an online store or struggling to generate sales.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of quotes from a variety of sources, each with its own unique style and perspective. Whether you’re looking for a gentle nudge or a bold declaration, these quotes are sure to inspire and reignite your inner drive.
Not only will these quotes help you stay focused and energised, but they’ll also serve as a valuable resource that you can return to whenever you need a boost. So be sure to bookmark this page and keep it handy whenever you need a little extra inspiration!
Motivational quotes for online business owners
Running a business can be an incredibly rewarding endeavour, but it’s not always as glamorous as it may seem. So we’ve compiled a list of quotes that we hope will inspire and encourage you to keep striving for your goals and growing your business.
Choose your favourites and display them prominently in your workplace to give yourself an extra boost of motivation whenever you face a challenge.
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The best way of learning about anything is by doing.” – Richard Branson
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
- “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” – Jeff Bezos
- ”It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
Build your online store today with Shopboxo.
Motivational quotes for leaders
The most effective leaders are those who can inspire and motivate their teams to achieve great things. But in order to do that, leaders must first embody the qualities and traits that they want their team members to emulate.
That means cultivating a sense of motivation and drive within themselves before they can encourage others to strive for improvement.
To help leaders stay motivated and focused on their goals, we’ve compiled a list of quotes about leadership that offer wisdom, inspiration, and guidance. Whether you’re a seasoned executive or a new team leader, these quotes can serve as a valuable resource for staying on track and inspiring your team to reach new heights.
- “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
- “Make sure you’re not just waiting for someone else to fix things, or hoping that things will improve … Figure out what’s going on and make a plan to improve things.” – Kenneth W. Thomas
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” – George Patton
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “If you really want the key to success, start by doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing.” – Brad Szollose
- “The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.” – Tony Blair
- “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” – John Maxwell
Motivational quotes for success
We all require some encouragement to propel ourselves forward. Whether embarking on a business venture or seeking a boost in motivation, these motivational phrases serve as a reminder that success is within reach.
- “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” – P. Kinsella
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
Motivational quotes for work
The truth is, whether you’re working remotely or in a traditional office setting, each day of the week can present unique obstacles that make it challenging to maintain productivity and focus.
This collection of motivational quotes for work can provide the ideal inspiration and motivation to help you succeed throughout the entire week.
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
- “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you’re willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” – Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
- “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.” – Richard Bach
- “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” – Emile Zola
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
Motivational quotes for working hard
Achieving success is not an easy feat, and even the most committed entrepreneur may struggle to remain focused at times. To maintain your determination and stay focused on your goals, you can turn to a collection of motivational quotes for working hard.
These words of wisdom from those who have come before us can serve as a source of motivation and inspiration, as you learn from the experiences of those who have walked the same path and gained valuable insights through their struggles.
- “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.” – Alan Alda
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “When you do more than you’re paid for, eventually you’ll be paid for more than you do.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
Motivational quotes for employees
Start meetings with a quote and select a different one for each session. Add them to your email signature or post a new quote every day in your workplace messaging system.
Utilise this list of powerful motivational quotes and messages for your employees to promote team spirit and optimism.
- “Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn’t matter who gets the credit”. – Harry S. Truman
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.”- Maya Angelou
- “Criticism is the best sign you’re onto something.” – Michael Lopp
- “We are really competing against ourselves. We have no control over how other people perform.” – Pete Cashmore
- “The real competitive advantage in any business is one word only, which is ‘people.’” – Komil Toume
- “The employer generally gets the employees he deserves.” – J. Paul Getty
- “Synergy — the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain
Motivational quotes about life challenges
Challenges are an inevitable part of life, and everyone will encounter them at some point. Those who never experience adversity are an exceptional rarity, akin to a mythical unicorn.
Therefore, it is perfectly normal to face difficult times occasionally. This collection of motivational quotes about life challenges can provide the inspiration and encouragement needed to navigate through tough times.
- “Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups and down, but that’s its beauty.” – Amit Ray
- “Obstacles? Don’t be Stopped by them be Strengthen by them” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
- “The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” – Arnold Palmer
- “You don’t overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Life is a challenge, meet it! Life is a dream, realise it! Life is a game, play it! Life is love, enjoy it!” – Sathya Sai Baba
- “Obstacles will look large or small to you according to whether you are large or small.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “Embrace each challenge in your life as an opportunity for self-transformation.” – Bernie Siegel
Motivational quotes for entrepreneurs
Success demands ambition, a strong work ethic, inspiration, and motivation. The insights of successful business owners exemplify the strategies they’ve employed to inspire themselves.
As an entrepreneur, it’s crucial to maintain a clear vision of your business and persevere through obstacles. Use these motivational quotes for entrepreneurs to inspire you to work harder and achieve maximum growth for your business.
- “Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight
- “You only have to do a few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffett
- “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
- “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” – William Durant
- “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
- “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
- “The best investment is in the tools of one’s own trade.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” – Henry Ford
Motivational quotes for stress
Stress is a pervasive issue that affects many people, both in their professional and personal lives. Like any challenge, conquering or at least managing stress necessitates a strategic approach.
While it’s a real and often overwhelming problem, we always have a choice in how we respond to it. We can either allow stress to consume us or learn to control it. These motivational quotes might hold the key to help you manage your stress more effectively
- “You can’t always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” – David Allen
- “Take chances, make mistakes–that is how we grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
- “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answers.” – William S. Burroughs
- “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency.” – Natalie Goldberg
- “It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
- “Somehow our devils are never quite what we expect when we meet them face to face.” – Nelson DeMil
- “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
- “If you focus on success, you’ll have stress. But if you pursue excellence, success will be guaranteed.” – Deepak Chopra
Motivational quotes for sales team
At the start of the month, you’re eager to help your team achieve their sales targets. However, your team may require a morale boost or a reminder of their passion for sales after losing a deal. One effective way to inspire and enhance productivity is through motivation.
Perhaps with a new quote for every day of the month, your team will be motivated to perform their best and reach their sales goals. Use these examples to keep them inspired.
- “Today is always the most productive day of your week.” – Mark Hunter
- “Prospecting – find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
- “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
- “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
- “Quality performance starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.” – Les Brown
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
- “It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp
- “The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.” – John Mason
Start using motivational quotes
Running a business can be stressful, whether you’re a seasoned ecommerce pro or a new entrepreneur. But incorporating inspirational quotes into your daily routine can help you stay positive, productive, and happy on your journey.
Reciting a motivational quote every day, even while looking in the mirror, can have a significant impact on your mindset. And it’s not just for personal use; motivational quotes can inspire your team to drive better performance and stay motivated.
Use these quotes to connect with yourself, clear your mind, and step out into the world with confidence and gratitude for yourself and your surroundings.
Join 70,000+ merchants and build your dream online store with Shopboxo.
– Accept orders on any device
– Drag and drop functionality
– Create your custom menu
– Pre-built themes
– No coding required